Monday, July 25, 2011

"I Feel the Love" Project & CWC Cartridge Showcase

Happy Monday and welcome to Cooking With Cricut's Cartridge Showcase and my "I Feel the Love" project!  Each Monday a member of the CWC Design Team will featuring projects created using one of their favorite cartridges.  I chose Cindy Loo -- not only does it have some of the cutest die cuts, it also features a font, two cupcake wrappers, an envelope with matching card and a gift card holder.

I created this card as part of one of my fellow CWC Design Team member's incredible outreach project.
Madison started "I Feel the Love" Project in June. It is a monthly challenge that gives her blog followers the chance to create a card to give someone who may be going through a difficult time. 

Last month's recipient was a teacher at her High School who is battling cancer for the second time. Madison collected 22 cards for Ms. Pentoney! This month the recipient is a 3 year old girl named Marley, her 5 year old sister Mia and their parents Nikki and Brent. Marley was diagnosed with a brain tumor near her optic nerve, brain stem and pituitary gland in August 2009. She has persevered through surgeries, a stroke that left her right side paralyzed, and numerous rounds of chemo. Madison has already collected 26 cards for Marley and her family this month!

This card is for Marley's parents, Brent and Nikki. My card base is 5" x 7"  and is from the DCWV Mediterranean paper pack.   All of the die cuts are from the Cindy Loo cartridge.  


  • The mat is an reddish-orange piece of Bazzil card stock cut at 6" x 4".
  • I welded the word "Peace" in Design Studio. It is 2 1/2" wide.
  • The flower is 4" tall and was created with papers from my scrap stash.
  • The ribbon is 7/8" wide and is a sheer green-gold.
I also created cards for Marley and Mia and I will post them later in the week if you'd like to check them out.  If you'd like to join Madison's "I Feel the Love" Project, head on over to her blog and click on "I Feel the Love" on the top menu bar.

Here are some other projects I've created using Cindy Loo. Each one has a link underneath if you'd like to see the details and other project information.

Thank You card

Bird Themed Baby Shower - Welcome Sign

Mother's Day card


Birthday Card


Thanks so much for stopping by today! Don't forget to check back at Cooking With Cricut Tuesday morning to see what this week's Guest Designer has whipped up.  And you won't want to miss this week's Cooking With Cricut Challenge on Wednesday -- here's a hint for you . . . "What's up, Doc?"

~ Jen


3 comments:

Madison said...

Jen, this is awesome. Your cards are beautiful and your tribute to Marely and my project is amazing:) You really are the best! Thank you so much. I totally appreciate your support. You ROCK!!
~Madison

Jessica Buffa said...

All of your cards are truly amazing! Thanks for the sweet 16 wish to my dd!!!
:O)
Jessica

Maria Elena said...

Great cards Jen ! What a nice inspiration !
~Maria Elena~
http://mariaelenaworld.blogspot.com/