Friday, July 29, 2011

"I Feel the Love" Project for Marley

As promised (in this post) here is the card I made for Marley as part of the "I Feel the Love" Project started by Madison at Funky Cards.  On Monday I shared the card I made for Marley's parents.  (Check back in a few for the card I made for Marley's sister, Mia.)

If you're not familiar with Madison's project, here's the scoop -- Madison started "I Feel the Love" in June.  It is a monthly challenge that gives her blog followers the chance to create a card to give someone who may be going through a difficult time.

Last month's recipient was a teacher at her High School who is battling cancer for the second time. Madison collected 22 cards for Ms. Pentoney! This month the recipients are 3 year old Marley, 5 year old Mia and their parents, Nikki and Brent.  Marley was diagnosed with a brain tumor near her optic nerve, brain stem and pituitary gland in August 2009. She has persevered through surgeries, a stroke that left her right side paralyzed, and numerous rounds of chemo. Madison has already collected 33 cards this month!
 
 
Marley loves dogs and her favorite color is blue.  So that was the obvious direction to take in making this card! 



I used Create-A-Critter and Cricut Design Studio to create this dog house-shaped card.  The dog house measures 5 3/8" x 5 3/8" and is welded on the top left side of the roof.  The dog food bowl measures 2 3/4" wide.  I used a small dog paw rubber stamp and embossed the paws on the bowl with white embossing powder.  The dog is cut at 2 7/8" wide and is sporting a blue collar.  Some white rub-on letters and pen stitching with a white gel pen complete this card.  I hope it makes Marley smile!  (I am linking Marley's card to the Queen of My Craftroom's challenge -- Create-A-Critter cartridge challenge.)

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my "I Feel the Love" project.  I hope maybe I've inspired you to hop on over to Madison's blog and become part of the IFTL Team -- anyone can join -- the only requirement is to share what you love doing with someone who needs some "love."

~ Jen

4 comments:

Nita said...

Oh, I love it!!!! What a sweet and wonderful card! Marley is going to smile big when she sees it. :)
Nita
www.niftynitanotes.blogspot.com

Jean said...

This card is adorable!!

myself said...

it is soooo cute! and what a great thing to do! thanks for the inspiration!

The Archiving Angel said...

Okay, this is just too cute! Just want to squish that puppy dog's cheeks!
Terrific job with the details!
Crafty best,
Sonia