Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Paper Crafting World: Color Challenge

Happy Tuesday and welcome to PaperCraftingWorld.com's weekly challenge!  I'm hanging out with the Design Team girls from Paper Crafting World today  -- their challenge this week was this beautiful color palette that must be used in some way in their project along with a digi or cutting file from PCW.  You could also use small amounts of white, black or Kraft -- but they could not be a main color.


Here is what I came up with . . .

inside reads:  ". . . like a Popsicle on the Fourth of July!"
I used the PCW Popsicle cutting file along with cuts from the Cricut Create-A-Critter cartridge.  All of the papers are from my scrap stash.  I also used some rhinestones, chalk and ink to jazz up this fun card.  The faces were drawn by hand and the text is my handwriting -- I used a black Zig Writer and a white Gelly Roll pen.

Here's the recipe:
  • PCW Popsicle cut at 4 1/2" high. (The Popsicle cutting file has three different shaped Popsicles and its only $1.00 to download it!)
  • Create-A-Critter  -- Sun cut at 4 1/2" high; Puddle cut at 1" high; and rain drops cut at 5/8" high.
  • The card is made from plain white card stock and folded measures 5 1/2" x 4 1/4".

Now it's your turn . . . head on over to PaperCraftingWorld.com and link up your color-inspired project!  And make sure you check out what the Design Team was inspired to created using these fresh and fun summer colors!


~ Jen

P.S.  I'm linking up to:
  1. K. Andrew's Simply Sunday Challenge
  2. Jaihart's Sundays Are Lovely link-up party





2 comments:

Karons Krafty Korner said...

Great -"sweet" - card. Love the little details. TFS

Lynden Blossom said...

I finally just had time to come and comment... Adorable card - I love Popsicles with Personality!
Lynden
http://aneleganttouch-lynden.blogspot.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/An-Elegant-Touch-/162889457132788