Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Crafts With Cutters Challenge #120

Roses are red . . . violets are blue . . . its almost Valentine's Day  . . . here's an idea for you!  How 'bout that!  I'm a poet and didn't know it!  LOL!  All kidding aside, today's "Crafts With Cutters" challenge at MyPaperCrafting.com is to create a project with a heart.  

Here is what I made:



And here's the recipe:

  • The hot pink card base measures 6" x 6" and is from a Recollections 12" x 12" card stock pack called "Butterfly Wings."
  • The green mat measures 5 1/2" x 5 1/2" and is by Bazzill.
  • The candy hearts paper measures 5 1/2" wide by 1" tall.  It is from a Valentine's paper pack I picked up at Target in their $1 spot.
  • The purple is from my scrap stash and measures 5 1/2" wide by 1/2" tall.
  • The ribbon is 5/8" wide and is a sheer pink with white polka dots that I purchased at Michaels.
  • The rhinestones are by Recollections and are also from Michaels.
  • The scalloped circle was cut using the Cricut Lacy Labels cartridge.  It measures 4 1/2" and is from the Recollections "Butterfly Wings" paper pack.
  • The pink mat is from the same paper pack and measures 3 1/2".  It was cut using the Cricut George & Basic Shapes cartridge.
  • The sweet little owl is a digi stamp from PaperCraftingWorld.com.  The file is called Owl Always Love U and is available colored and uncolored.
  • The three little hearts were punched out -- they measure 1/2" tall.
  • I used a white Gelly Roll pen to add my dotty-detail to the scalloped circle.
I hope you'll head on over to MyPaperCrafting.com and check out the wonderful projects the rest of the Design Team created.  Don't forget -- you can link up your "Hearts for You" project for a chance at being named this week's "Top Crafty Cutter."  The Top Cutter gets "bragging rights" and a gift certificate from PaperCraftingWorld.com.

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a wonderful rest of the week.

~ Jen

P.S.  I'm linking up my owl card at . . .

9 comments:

Sandy Palmer said...

I just love that digi you chose on your card Jen! Those big owl eyes and all! Really adorable card! :)

Charlotte said...

Oh so super cute this is Jen. You always make a project extra special!!
Charlotte

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Jen love the owl and the cute little candy heart border. So sweet.

Brenda said...

Your card is adorable Jen as is your poem! lol I love this little digi and I love your candy heart paper!! That ribbon is just beautiful and of course I love, love the bling!!

Marie97 said...

Very cute card. Love the little owl. TFS!

paige said...

Pretty color combo on your sweet card! Your gel pen works much better than mine! Thanks for joining us this week at Shopping Our Stash!

GiGi said...

This is adorable! The conversation heart band is super cute and I love the image too! Thanks for playing at My Craft Spot!

Esther said...

Very cute!
Love the bright colors you used :)
Thank you for joining CTO this week!!

Houses Built of Cards said...

How cute! LOVE the bright fun colors! So glad you joined us this week at My Craft Spot!!!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com